A solar bird bath fountain is always a popular addition to any backyard. It is a great way to make your birds feel comfortable and use water for your garden.
One thing that can be a bit confusing when keeping the solar bird bath fountain is how to clean it.
This blog can help you out with this tricky task. It will take you through a handy guide to giving your solar birdbath fountain an excellent clean.
Steps in Cleaning Solar Bird Bath Fountain
Having your solar birdbath is a great way to beautify your garden. It can add appeal and even attract birds.
The Solar Bird Bath Fountain is a unique design that creates an oasis of tranquility in the backyard. But with its unique design comes a unique challenge: by cleaning it!
Following these guides will help you clean your solar birdbath fountain as quickly as eating snacks.
Step 1: Turn off the Fountain and Remove the Water Pump
If you are a beginner and have no idea how to turn off the fountain, you can look for instructions in the manufacturer’s guide on where you bought it.
But this step is so easy because you only turn off your birdbath first before carefully removing the water pump.
Step 2: Empty the Bird Bath
After you turn off and remove the water pump in the fountain, you will empty the water from the basin. Once it is done, you are now ready to start the cleaning process.
Step 3: Use a Hose to Spray Dirts and Debris
It is nice to use a hose to spray the dirt and debris caused by the bird in your fountain. Using the hose can immediately remove any dirt and grime on the surface.
The debris will come off with the hose’s water pressure, so it is easy for you to clean it without bare hands.
If you don’t have a hose in your garden or lawn, you can use a brush to scrub the dirt on the fountain’s basin and subsequently wash it with water using a water dipper.
Step 4: Scrub the Basin with Cleaning Soap
After removing all the dirt on the basin, you can now start scrubbing the fountain with cleaning soap. The same method from step 3, you can use a water dipper to wash when you cleanse the basin.
Step 5: Add Cleaning Ingredients
This step is for those people who don’t still remove all the dirt and grime from their fountain. If the brush with cleaning soap is ineffective, you can use some cleaning ingredients.
Cleaning ingredients are easy to make, but you have to be careful when making them because you are handling some cleaning solution that may irritate your eye or skin.
Use chlorine bleach to work as a cleaning solution for your fountain. More options for your chlorine bleach would be a companion by vinegar.
Step 6: Let Cleaning Solution Soak First and Cover it!
Once you’re done cleaning your fountain and have already gotten rid of the dirt on it, it is time to let the cleaning solution soak into your basin before you wash it.
But this time, make sure to cover it so that no birds or small animals will get into it. Let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes before proceeding to the next step.
Step 7: Rinse The Basin with Clean Water Repeatedly
After soaking the cleaning solution, you can rinse with clean water. Repeat it until there’s no smell of bleach in the basin.
Once done, give your fountain basin an air dry before you refill it with clean water.
Step 8: Reassemble the Pump and Fill the Fountain with Water
Once your fountain is dry out, you can now start reassembling the pump in the fountain. See the instructions from the manufacturer’s guide if you don’t know how to reassemble your water pump to avoid the error; this tip is for beginners.
When you already reassemble the water pump, it is time to fill the fountain basin with clean water. Once done, it is now ready to operate again, and you can now enjoy the show!
Tips to Keep Your Solar Bird Bath Fountain in Good Condition
Keeping your solar birdbath fountain in good condition is not too difficult. You need to follow some simple steps to keep it running smoothly.
Here are some tips for maintaining your Solar Bird Bath Fountain in good condition:
- Create a schedule for when you should clean the pump of your fountain. Most of the time, when your birdbath fountain always operates, it always leads to a clog from the bird and organic debris. So it is necessary to create your schedule to clean your pump. Depending on your area, you can set a plan once a month or seasonal.
- Always keep the water in the basin clean. Since it is called Bird Bath Fountain, it is better to keep the basin clean. Do not let the basin become filled with their waste since it is also not suitable for animals and pumps. Follow the steps provided in this blog to clean your fountain basin.
- It is recommended to use a sufficiently deep birdbath. Did you know that having a deeper bath can give you benefits? Yes, it’s a fact! Since you are dealing with water and exposing it outdoors, it is possible to evaporate quickly when your basin is not that slightly deep.
So it is recommended that you use a deep basin to decrease the rate of evaporation. It can lead you to avoid changing water all the time.
- Do not let the water get too low. This tip is connected to the last information I mentioned earlier. Once you run out of water from your basin, there is a possibility that your pumps will also dry and eventually burn out. That is something we should always avoid!
- Put the fountain anywhere in your backyard that you can enjoy the show. If you are going to buy a new solar birdbath fountain, it is advisable to put it in an area where you can enjoy the display. You’ll be amazed by looking at those birds enjoying their bath in the morning breeze!
Solar bird bath fountains are easy to maintain with the right tools and knowledge.
Follow these tips and guides to keep your solar birdbath fountain running smoothly for years to come. They are a great source of entertainment, and they can be a home’s favorite feature.
We hope you enjoyed our blog post on how to clean a solar birdbath fountain. We hope you found the information provided helpful and will care for your solar birdbath fountain to keep it in good condition.