The Grass Trimmer
Also known as weed-whackers, and line trimmers, these versatile tools are perfect to use for creating beautifully uniformed border edges around your property.
Trimming around difficult terrains such as trees and other garden ornaments and clearing larger patches of unruly rough vegetation becomes easy with this equipment. Like most power garden tools nowadays, the string trimmers are available in different versions such as gas, electric corded, and cordless rechargeable batteries.
How To Safely Use String Grass Trimmer
Tracking through long grass and bush around your lawn is never fun. Here, you’ll find out the basics of how to use a string grass trimmer to its full potential. You’ll also be introduced to the basic trimming health and safety essentials.
- For very obvious reasons, avoid wearing short shorts and sandals while using the trimmer. It’s important to protect your legs from getting struck by elements that are hit by the trimmer.
- Heavier leg coverings like jeans will provide some protection.
- Take note, broken trimmer string fragments can cause bruising or scrapes and can also cut skin and cause bleeding, and you’ll have a higher risk of getting in an accident if you don’t wear protection.
- You also have to wear shoes that will ensure the safety of your feet. This will protect your feet when working on an area with overgrown grass or having accidentally stepped on broken glass, sharp metal objects, nails, or any other sharp objects lying around the yard.
- When using this powerful equipment, it’s also very important to protect your eyes. A piece of cut string or a chip of rock can definitely cause temporary to permanent damage to the eyes. Wearing your protective glasses is a very good start, but wearing a full visor will protect your whole face from any stray material while trimming.
- When using the grass trimmer, angle it opposite to your direction so that the cut material is spun away from you and you won’t have to take the brunt of it.
- To include in your safe operation of the grass trimmer, you should wear earmuffs to muffle the loud noise that the trimmer emits.
- Also, do not operate your trimmer when it’s raining. Wet grass getting trimmed can pose a danger such as slipping or falling on the ground
- Avoid using the trimmer to cut through twigs or vines, or even thick stalks
- The most important thing before anything else is making sure that you check the ground thoroughly. Possible sharp objects such as shards of glass, pieces of metal object, rocks, and other small things can get trapped in the line can turn into projectiles that pose danger to you and to other people present in the yard. The best thing to do to avoid these things is to pick them up if possible.
String grass trimmers are relatively easy to use as long as you know what you’re doing.
Benefits Of Using String Grass Trimmer
This power tool is known to have many names but one thing is sure: it can certainly beat hedge shears so easily with its power trimming performance. The grass trimmer is a great way to help you keep your lawn looking at its best. For some, it’s a better option than your traditional mower. This powerful tool is versatile and can work on any grassy area. For tasks where lawnmowers cannot be the most reliable equipment to use, such as working up to a garden wall or trimming sloping areas of grass, the trimmer truly proves to work effectively and precisely.
Here are some of the benefits you can get when using the string grass trimmer:
- It makes it easier to trim grass
- The trimmer is the tool that helps you get your work done faster
- There’s no need to hire a professional when maintaining your lawn
- It’s very simple to operate
- It’s more flexible and lightweight than the lawnmower
- It can cover more areas, even the narrow and difficult to reach areas unlike the regular mower
- It doesn’t come with lots of components unlike the mower or other trimming tool
- It requires less maintenance than other trimming tools
Remember to keep your trimmer well-kept in order for it to fully function when you need it. Here are some tips for maintaining your string grass trimmer:
- Give your grass trimmer a quick inspection every time you take it out from the shed
- Make sure all the parts are good to work before operating
- Clear off grass and dirt stuck on the trimmer after use
- String replacement is a must so you can always have a fully functioning trimmer
- If you’re using the gas-powered string trimmer, then it’s best to replace its spark plug every few months
- Also, make sure to empty the gas tank when you’re not using the trimmer
- Avoid leaving your gas-powered trimmer in enclosed spaces with poor ventilation
- Another maintenance tip for a gas-powered trimmer is to check the oil level before using
- After use, make sure to turn it off and allow it to cool down before cleaning and storing
Safety is the very first thing you should consider in everything you do, including trimming. We hope we are able to help you with the tips and important information we’ve provided in this article. We are always aiming to help you make your gardening and landscaping journey easy and safe by the articles that we write.
Thank you for taking the time to read! If you have any questions or are in need of more information, please don’t hesitate to reach us or visit our website www.homebounties.com. And keep us posted on your lawn trimming journey!